25. In high school, you do homework. In college, you study.
24. No food is allowed in the hall in high school. In college,
food must be provided at an event before students will
23. In high school, you wear your backpack on one shoulder;
in college, on both.
22. In college, the professors can tell you the answer
without looking at the teacher's guide.
21. In college, there are no bells or tardy slips.
20. In high school, you have to live with your parents.
In college, you get to live with your friends.
19. In college,
you don't have to wait in a certain lunch line to be cool.
18. Only nerds e-mailed in high school. (Cool kids hadn't
heard of it.)
17. In high school, you're told what classes to take. In
college, you get to choose; that is, as long as the classes
don't conflict and you have the prerequisites and the classes
aren't closed and you've paid your tuition.
16. In high school, if you screw up you can usually sweet-talk
your way out of it. In college, you're lucky to ever talk
with the professor.
15. In high school, fire drills are planned by the administration;
in college, by the drunk frat boys on their way home when
the bars close.
14. In college, any test consists of a larger percentage
of your grade than your high school final exams ever did.
13. In high school, when the teacher said, "Good morning," you
mumbled back. In college, when the professor says, "Good
morning," you write it down.
12. In high school, freshman guys hit on senior girls.
In college, senior guys hit on freshman girls.
11. In college, weekends start on Thursday.
10. In college, it's much more difficult to figure out
the course schedule of the man/woman you have a crush on,
in order to figure out where he/she will be walking around
campus and at what time to find them there.
9. Once you've obtained the information described in #10,
it's much more time-consuming to run between classes to
that place where you know he/she will be in order to "just
happen to bump into him/her."
8. In college, there's no one to tell you not to eat pizza
three meals a day.
7. In college, your dad doesn't pay for dates.
6. In high school, it never took 3 or 4 weeks to get money
from Mom and Dad.
5. College men are cuter than high school boys.
4. College women are legal.
3. In college, when you miss a class (or two or three),
you don't need a note from your parents saying you were
skip... uh, sick that day.
2. In high school, you can't go out to lunch because it's
not allowed. In college, you can't go out to lunch because
you can't afford it.
1. In college, you can blow off studying by writing lists